Ogden Community Schools
Guidance & Counseling Program
The mission of the Ogden Community School District school counseling program, in collaboration with administrators, teachers, parents, and community, is to improve student learning and success for all students by providing a deliberate, comprehensive and developmental counseling program addressing academic, career and personal/social development needs.
Philosophy & Beliefs
• All students have the right to have the opportunity for learning and success.
• All students are entitled to a guidance program that encompasses their diversity.
• The guidance program is proactive in nature.
• All students have a right to a certified professional counselor.
• The guidance program will provide a deliberate, structured, and systematic curriculum and services to meet the personal/social, career, and academic needs of students.
• Data is used to drive decisions.
• An advisory committee will be appointed to evaluate and oversee the program